Thursday, June 2, 2016 12:58:59 PM
At least five acid attack retribution sentences may reportedly be carried out imminently in Karaj's Rajai Shahr Prison, despite objections by numerous physicians in Iran:
1. Mojtaba Yasavoli: he is scheduled to get acid thrown on his face on Tuesday June 7. Mojtaba has already lost one eye on March 3, 2015, when Iranian authorities carried out a gouging of eye sentence reportedly issued on the alleged charges of commiting the act of an acid attack. The gouging of the eye punishment was confimed by the prosecutor of Tehran after it was issued by Judge Mohammad Shahriari, vice prosecutor and chief of the criminal court of Tehran.
Yavasoli, who is currently held in Ward 2 of Rajai Shahr Prison, will lose his other eye if the retribution sentence is carried out. Additionally, the human rights news agency, HRANA, published the bank account information
of Yavasoli's sister for public donations in order to help stop the retribution sentence from being carried out.
2. Fatollah Khojasteh was sentenced to acid attacks on his eye and ear as retribution.
3. An unknown prisoner was sentenced to an acid attack on his eye as retribution.
4. An unknown prisoner was sentenced to acid attacks on his eye and ear as retribution.
5. Another unknown prisoner was sentenced to the blinding of an eye with acid punishment as retribution.