Iran's Appeal Court Shows no Mercy on Civil Rights Activist Saeed Husseinzadeh

 Sunday, September 6, 2015 6:02:37 PM

Mohammad-Saeed HusseinzadehIran's Appeal Court held its charges against activist Mohammad-Saeed Husseinzadeh Movahed and his sentence as seven years imprisonment has been allegedly reinstated.

He, 24, was previously sentenced to seven years in prison at Branch 28 in the Islamic Revolutionary Court chaired by Judge Mohammad Mogheyseh, confirmed by the Appeal Court. Mr. Husseinzadeh accused of "assembly and collusion against national security", "propaganda against the regime of Iran", "insulting to the Supreme Leader of IRI" and "attending the demonstrations to support Kobane in front of Tehran's UN office" in the court on 15 March 2015.

He was arrested by IRGC officials at his father's house on 15 Oct 2014 and taken to the solitary confinement at Evin prison. He had been in isolation about 91 days in Ward 2-A Sepah of the prison. Mr. Husseinzadeh is kept in the public Ward eight amongst criminals imprisoned for serious offenses such as murder, rape, drug smuggling, embezzlement, fraud and forgery (Ward Eight is officially labeled as a financial crimes ward).

Officials had seized his personal belongings such as PC and two cell phones, his relatives said.

Officials had formerly refused his conditional release on the bail, despite the court decided temporary release on the bail of 30 million Tomans (10,000 $), according to the reliable sources. Despite critical health conditions like, breathing disorders, arthritis, rheumatism and digestive disorders, he was not granted bail. He lost his health as a result of unfavorable conditions and medical care shortage in the chambers during his isolation.

Earlier this year, he was admitted to the hospital outside the prison after a heart attack because of the breathing problems on 13 April 2015. He had been reportedly handcuffed and taken to the hospital, in the formal prisoner's dress. Mr. Hussenzadeh returned back to the infamous ward in the prison with no effective medical treatment, the reliable sources declared.

After that, he has had a sudden heart attack on 15 May 2015, and transferred to the prison clinic following repeated heart attack on 16 and 17 May. The medical trainees had attempted to the overall exchange of oxygen in his body by the artificial respiration equipment.

On 6 Sep 2015, He, who had forcibly resigned from the Tehran University in the field of Software Engineering, asked officials a re-examination for medical treatment by submitting an open letter to the Deputy of Evin prison Mr. Momeni.


By: Kaveh Taheri